Carbon Shield™ (STK) 3049298-SF2
Considered the ultimate high‑tech fabric for thermal protection and comfort. The fabric simply won’t burn in air. Additionally fabric has excellent moisture regain and wicks moisture away from the skin to the outer shell enabling it to evaporate at a rapid rate. UL Classified to NFPA 1971 Standard on Protective Ensembles for Structural Fire Fighting and Proximity Fire Fighting – Current Edition.
- Physical Properties:
- Material Weight6.5 oz. / 221gOuter ColorBlackThread ColorsBlack, Red or WhiteTest Results:Thermal Protective Performance (TPP)Initial / After 5 Washings
- 24 sec / 27.6 secAfter FlameInitial (Warp x Fill)
- After 5 Washings 0 in x 0 in
- 0 in x 0 inChar LengthInitial (Warp x Fill)
- After 5 Washings 2 in x 1.9 in
- 1.4 in x 2.3 inHeat and Thermal ShrinkageAfter 5 Washings
- 0%Fabric Burst Strength287 NSeam Burst Strength469.1 NMelt or Drip When Exposed to FlameNoneLimited Oxgen Index (LOI) ASTM D 2863‑9543Arc Thermal Performance Value (ATPV)Double-Ply
- 46Hazard Risk Category (HRC)Double-Ply
- BEST MADE BETTER
- Redesign of popular Cobra™ Ultimate™ Sure‑Fit™ hood.
- Added 6" to width for exceptional shoulder coverage and reduction of bunching at chest and back.
- Increased width of Sure‑Fit panel by 1.25" for a more comfortable fit over SCBA mask and mask hardware.
- Added 2" to the length ensuring complete chest coverage and that the hood stays tucked in even after laundering shrinkage (5" longer than NFPA requires).
- Contours better to the shape of the head for improved fit and comfort.
- Fuller cut builds a little “ease” into the hood so it doesn't fit skin tight like typical hoods. This more generous cut gives hood improved thermal resistance from flame and heat due to the extra space (layer of air) between hood and head.
- UL Classified to NFPA 1971 Standard on Protective Ensembles for Structural Fire Fighting and Proximity Fire Fighting – Current Edition.
- Hood Dimensions - One Size Hood Fits All:4" wide Sure‑Fit™ center panel from top of face opening to bottom drape of hood, in place of traditional center seam.
- Face opening is circular and measures between 4.6" to 5.6" in diameter.
- Width around bottom (1/2) approx. 24.25".
- Width of hood from edge of shoulder cap to opposite edge of shoulder cap approx. 19.25".
- Length of hood at front top to bottom approx. 23".
- Length of hood at back from top to bottom approx. 20".
- Width of hood above face opening approx. 8.75"
- Width of hood mid face opening to back approx. 7.75".
- Length of hood at side from top to bottom approx. 19.5".
- Width of hood 1" below bottom of face opening approx. 11".
- Width of hood above shoulder cap approx. 14".
- Length of hood below face opening approx. 12.5"